Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cyber crop Weekend


Uproar2scrapmore is having cybercrop now. The theme is RETRO.


I can hear you all Noooo Nooooo. I was like "I hate those color combinations". I was not very thrilled about it but I always love challenges. I also do not have many black and white photos from 10 years ago. Everyting is with my parents at home!!! Anyway, after a short convincing chat with Dalena from Uproar, I decided to participate.The fun part is the games, chat and also the specials Dee puts up during cybercrop.

The first challenge was an OTP (for those of you who are wondering, "what an OTP is"?.... It is Off The Page). Use vinyl LP, green and pink colors, lots of layering using embellishments, Pps and finally the word RETRO in the title!!

I had so much fun on this one. I used Elton John's 1960s photos on it. Lots of bright green and pink and bling (specially for Elton!!!lol!!). I loved it. Here it is for you




Then the next one was an OTP too. Ohhh NO!! was my first reaction because I did not have a box or a tin at home. My DD was kind enough to let me use her money box. Thanks sweetie. Mwah Mwah!! Anyway, I used lots of felt on it and covered it with flowers and a ribbon. My flavour of the month is my circle cutter. I am loving it. Used it to cut the photo of my DD's face and stuck it on the money box. Initially when I was covering it with the felt, she was like "Mmmmum!! the Barbie is covered'. But once I finished it with her photo on it, she was excited and loved it. Here it is for you ...........



Now off to do a layout. this is going to be tough because I have to have an original B/W photo from 30 years ago. I am going hunting........... Will catch you later.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Gayatri! just adore your work for the Cyber crop hun, great LO of Elton and the gang:):)