Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Closing 2008 with a Confession...

This will be my last post for 2008.
I had a good year. Learned plenty of things along the way.
I have had no regrets.I had a few major achievements this year which I am proud of.
I should thank God for giving me a good year. I will do it tonight.
I am closing 2008 with a Confession.
Yes, I am a self confessed scrapbook addict.
I am happy with it. No worries at all. Lol!!

Here is a layout I made confessing my addiction. Lol!
But I have included SB.com's "Got to love those flowers" challenge too in this layout.
3 or more flowers and a torn paper are the rules of the challenge.



I received my parcel from 123scrapbook.com
and I loved the Bo Bunny Beautiful Life collection papers.
Just love the blend of colors and the distressing.
I decided to use 4 of the papers in the Beautiful Life collection for this layout.

The 123 scrapbook blossoms flowers also coordinated very well.
Thus I gathered all the stuff that would go well with my layout,
while watching Mission Impossible III last night.
I should say, I like Tom Cruise in MI series.
Today, I am going to watch a new bollywood movie staring Shah Rukh Khan.hehehe!!
I am getting distracted.Lol!!
I wanted something new in this layout. Something I haven't done previously.
As I was going through my stash, I found graduation stickers.
I saw the certificate scroll and stuck with making a scroll idea.
I made the scroll by tearing a paper and distressing
using Tim Holtz's Brushed Corduroy and Spiced Marmalade inks.
Then rolled and tied it with jute. I curled both the edges.
Ta Da.. the scroll is ready!

Here is the closeup



I also liked the punch distressing Irene Tan had done in one of her new layouts.
I decided to give it a try. I did not want it stand out but blend with the other papers.
Repeation will draw our eyes to it anyway!
I have therefore done two punch distressing, one below the other.


Here is the closeup


Here are the list of materials I have used in this layout:

1. Base is Brown cardstock from Bazzil
2.2nd paper layer is from Bo Bunny Beautiful Life Paper
3. Bo Bunny Beautiful Life Blessed Paper
4. Bo Bunny Jardin Poppy Paper
5. Bo Bunny My Darling Blooms Paper
6. Flowrs from Green Tara and 123 Scrapbook Blossoms
7. Silk leaves from Green Tara.
8. Prima Say it in Crystals Small Black.
9. Lace and the flower ribbon from my stash.
10.Title diecut alphas from stash.
11. Kindy Glitz Slick white.
12. Bo Bunny Beautiful Life cut outs.

Although it is stinking hot here, I like the warm colors in the layout.
Journalling is me confessing I am a self confessed scrapbook addict.
Yes I am!! Not a day goes by without scrapbooking.
So as well confess.lol!!



Ok then its New Year Eve here.
So I would like to wish you all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2009.
Have fun and be safe.
I will catch you all in 2009.


Bye

6 comments:

Shell Jeanes said...

Hi Gayatri,
Happy New Year Darlin. May 2009 be a super special year for you and yours!!
Love Shell xo

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!! Now... you better not be sitting at your computer right now reading this... you should be off celebrating the end of 2008 and the start of 2009. May the new year bring you luck, happiness and good fortunes.
Luv Kirsti xxx

lexie said...

Wishing you and your beautiful family a happy healthy and safe 2009
may your Dreams come true for you all
luv Lexie oxo

Kathie said...

ooooohhhhhhh I love that LO!! Well done girlfriend!! Its got such beautiful colours! By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Kathie
xoxo

Nat said...

Happy New Year darlin
wishing you and your family a great happy prosperous healthy scrapfilled 2009
mwa mwa
Luv Nat xx

Mandy said...

Happy new year...hope 2009 is awesome for you...
mandy
xxx