Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Man.....

I have been using Basic Grey papers often now. I love the Scralett Letter range just for its lovely collage effect on white background. That little red and green highlights and the black flourishes and scribbles. Fantastic.
Anyway, this layout I made for a challenge at Debs. Chiquita's challenge it is..
Her challenge says:
Black Cardstock Backround.....
One 5x7 Black and White Photo....
Your LO must include at least 2 pieces of Jewelery.
Any bits of Chain, broken watch, hair clip, earring, beads, bangle just to name a few ideas.
So with the black cardstock as the base, I used BG Scarlett Letter Love Letter paper only. I cut a semi circle, a medium square, a medium rectange, a small long rectangle and the leftover paper from the semi circle. All of them are distressed using scissors distressing technique.
All of them are also inked with Versa Color red ink.
I used red lace to dress the semi circle and the same lace and a brown lace under the photo.
The photo is altered into B/W and warmified! Printed 5x7 and distressed on the edges and inked with Versa red Ink as well.
I found a jute rope next to me and just thought I will use it.I frayed the edges for a natural look.
The crochet flower was given to me by my friend Tracey. Actually I swapped for transperancy sheets. I inked the inside with Red Versa Color Ink and edges in Brilliance Dew Drop Pearl Green Ink. Then layered with a Green Tara Flower and a brown paper flower(don't know which brand!)
The centre is dressed with a earring and an old chain.
I have used a chipboard corner from A-Z Scraplet, which is inked with Brilliance Dew Drop Pearl Purple under the flower.
Another earring is used at the end of the photo for added interest. I have used a silver pendent in the semi circle. The flowers on the semicircle are from SEI, dressed with black brads. The button cluster on the right top corner is from Kmart.
The tree branch stickers and bird and owl stickers are from Hambly Screen Prints - Multicolour Kraft Stickers: Owls & Birds. The bird has a red bling from Kaiser for its eye.
The alphas are from BG Recess Nanoset Alphabet stickers.
Hope you enjoyed reading.
Here are some closeups



Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Gayatri

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Gayatri!

Sorry I havent been commenting sweet, just busy here at the moment.

Love this layout though and love those p/papers. Great work, hope to catch up with you shortly.

Mwah & Hugs Angie

lexie said...

Loving your work
A big congratz on being accepted for publication