Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Special Bond


I made this layout, primarily using Pink Paislee papers. Harvest Moon from Vintage Moon range and Bottom Line from Office Lingo range.
I have then used black card stock and some white card stock for drafting the embellishments.

Deb has a drafting challenge in her forum. So all the embellishment in the layout should be drafted. Basically, tracing the pattern and cutting them out and using as embellishments. I have drafted the flowers, the hinges and the swirls on a white card stock, using negatives from Bella chipboard shapes and cut it out. I then used Tim Holtz's Distress inks-Brushed Corduroy, Spiced Marmalade, Worn lipstick and altered the cutouts.

Photo of my children with their grandparents (my in-laws),
taken in San Jose during our recent trip to US.
I love this photo because, they are seeing their grandparents after 2 years
and there was no hesitation upon seeing them.
They just went spoke to them as if they see them every other day, sat on my MIL,
hugged her, asked for food, went to the local park with them.
I was surprised. I think they do share a special bond
with their grandparents in spite of living so far away.
The first year of my DD and 2 years of my DS, we lived as a joint family.
The special bond they had formed then is very strong.
Love it. I am so happy.
We miss not having any family here for us.
But going to see grandparents is only a 10 hour flight away
(including the stopover at KL or Singapore).

Oh got carried away.. I punched holes on one side of the photo and distressed them.
I have distressed all the edges of all the papers using Heidi Swapp edge distreser.
I have layered all the embellishments using doublesided foam.
I have used Kindy Glitz white to highlight the flower and Prima black centrepiece.
The semi circle on the left top is also distressed on the edges
and Black kindy Glitz is used to highlight the circles.
The centre small circle is from Pink Paislee Harvest Moon paper
highlighted with a Black rhinestone.
Alphas are from American Craft Vinyl Thickers,
also altered using Tim Holtz's distress ink.

Here are some closeups.






Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

Gayatri

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hey Gayatri...another awesome page...Just left you an award over on my site coz I love your blog...just follow what it says I guess!!!
TTFN
Mandy
xxx