Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tough Love........


Its Friday today. Nearly end of the week. But past middle of December. OMG! time flies!!
Its end of the year already!!! I just can't believe we are heading for a new year.
Wonder! what new year brings?
I have a few things planned for new year, some goals to be achieve.
I am not the one who takes any resolutions, because it does not last very long for me!
Many of my friends do and they keep it up too. They are very determined persons.


Anyway, I was going through my kid's photos from previous years and saw this one above.
I still vividly remember, Siddarth was very happy to have a younger sister
and will all the time cuddle and kiss her. This was 4 years ago.
Aditi, on the other hand, would just runaway because its all rough and tough cuddle and kisses.
As you can see in the photo.lol!!


Now its taken a reverse turn, Aditi loves to cuddle and kiss Siddarth.
And he, is 9 years now, has this "girls stay away from me" attitude.
Its very funny. He loves to play with her, chases away big boys who pick on her at school
and misses her when she goes to her friend's house to play
but will not cuddle her or give her a kiss.
It is very nice to see them grow, change and bond with each other.
This is definitely the photo I need to scrap.
Journaling is very important.

I have used the December Basic Grey Sketch to make this layout
and used Basic Grey papers Archaic-Rusty, Timeworn, Fossil,
BG Urban Couture ratine paper and Ambrosia Chip Sticker Shapes.


Other materials used here are Green Tara flowers,
Paper doily from my party supplies at home,
Versa Color Pinecone Ink, American Craft ribbons, Bella Heart shape,
Pink Paislee black alpha stickers, Kaiser Rhinestones and A-z Scraplet word "tough".

I have used double sided foams for all the top layers to bring 3D effect.

Here are some closeups for you.





Well, I am off to Perth on an urgent trip to buy some Indian groceries.
In the town I live, there is no way I can get any such thing.
I have to drive 630kms to buy Indian groceries.
I have runout of many stuff. I need to stock up. See you all on Monday.
Have a good weekend. Drive safe. I know I will.

Hugs

Gayatri

2 comments:

Mandy said...

love this page g....photo is gorgeous....happy shopping ....have a nice break, and hope you enjoy your cultural festivities....yum...all that yummy food!!!!
lots of it
mandy
xxx

s4j said...

Love your work Gayatri...I got an email to say you had PMed me...I'm guessing about the drawers...but I can't retrieve it at Deb's...it's not showing in the forum and can't see anyway of viewing from the gallery...hope I answered your questions..if not PM through the forum side..
PS. You have been bestowed a new Blog Award...check out my blog..