Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Severe thunderstorm warning

There is a severe thunderstorm warning with flash floods, large hail and severe winds. We are all asked to go home and secure loose items and disconnect all electrical items. I haven't been in such a situation before. I am feeling a bit child like and Yay! some hail I can collect some more put it in the freezer. On the other hand, got to pick up the kids from school early and get inside the house soon before everything happens. I have a bird with me too. OMG! she will freak out with the thunder and lightening...........

Well, I am still sitting here waiting for the wind to pick up, so I can go and get the kids from school.A bit anxious. I don't want the car to get damaged as well! It is not too bad outside. I can see it a bit windy, clouds at a distance. I am anxious.I am I am...I hate thunder and lightening. I freak out too.

Should I go now or wait? Thats the question always, isn't it? I am not sure if its going to storm sooner or later. Unpredictable weather.

Better be safe than sorry. I am going now. See you all later this evening. Will let you know more about the storm. Hehehe!

Hugs

2 comments:

Lisa K said...

Storms are my phobia G - so living in a place like the gold coast has tested me no end - and I am getting better - still HATE that deep heavy rumbling of thunder!!!

chrisw said...

Well it is now Wednesday Gayatri..I do hope you got through it all ok and that your family ,your house and cars are all ok..love chris