Monday, January 18, 2010

Double pocket card


Hi everybody,

Today, I did even plan to blog. But my daughter wanted to "make something"! She came over to my craft room and started to nag me. So we went through Splitcoaststampers  'try a new technique" thread and found couple of interestiing projects. There was a "Pixie Pouch" and a "Heart shaped pocket". I liked the heart shaped pocket and my daughter like the Pixie Pouch! Nothing new!!!! We always agree to disagree. She then came up with this idea of making both as one project. Thats it and she left. Why? My son was playing his DS. DS games are more interesting now than wanting to " make Something" Uh! I was left by myself to make it as one project. Here is what I ended up making after 2 hours at it.



 

These are the two cards that goes inside the pockets.




Close up the scalloped circle flower I made using Dawn Mcvey's tutorial.



I have used a combination of products to make this project. Basic Black cardstock, Naturals cardstock, tag punch and ribbon from Stampin' Up!, pattern paper from Basic Grey. I don't know which brand is the music paper. It was in my stash.  Button and stamps from Papertrey and Black Bling from Kaisercraft. I really love using varous things from my stash.
I liked the end result and as I am blogging now, my daughter comes back and is surprised that its all done!
What you already made it? (not knowing she has spent 2 hours playing DS with my son), She asks. Not fair! I did not get to do anything! Huh! But it is gorgeous mommy! Can I have it?
 Mmmm! she always wants to have all of what I make. lol!  Not that she will do anything useful with it. But just that having it in her room and showing it off to her friends. Mmm!, No! She is not getting it! lol!!! I really like this one. I want it! hehehe!

Here is the link to the thread from Splitcoaststamper for making the heart shaped pocket card
and here is the link to making the Pixie Pouch.

Have fun making our own.

Hugs



No comments: