Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Inkspiration Inspiration Challenge #17


Hi everybody,

Makeesha's Inkspiration inspiration challenge #17 is a bit of a challenge for me!  Earthy colors are my favourate but it just did not come to me today! Maybe my mojo for earthy colors have left me today.But, I do not like to leave half done card and come back to it later.I wanted to complete it and I did.Here is the inspiration picture.

 

I liked the twigs and the rustic brown against the white in the picture. So I tried to recreate that on my card.
Here is my card.


I brought the twigs into the card through the chip board which is inked in brown colors. Similarly the music paper is inked with brown colors and the edges are ripped.This brought that warm rustic feeling, I think! More country like? Infact, I have used cardstock from the "naturals" pack from Stampin' Up! Anyway, I like the end result. Thanks for another challenge. And thanks for stopping by

Hugs

5 comments:

Mel said...

Great Interpretation! Love the music paper idea!

Melissa said...

Oh your card is just gorgeous and I absolutely love that music paper!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Gayatri! I love your work!
Kirsty

Genelle Little said...

Another beautiful creation, Gayatri - love the paper and the colours you chose!

Chantelle said...

I love your card - it's great with the music paper - a little bit vintage. Great job with the challenge.