Tuesday, June 29, 2010

PaperTrey Chicks- Paper Piercing Challenge.

Ok, as said in the previous post, here is a card I made for Papertrey Chicks- Paper Piercing challenge. I am late but atleast I am catching up on the challenges. Here is my card.


This is a color combination I came  upon when I was trying to combine Dark Chocolate with Lemon Tart and Kraft. I wanted a color that will tie them together and stand out. Hawaiian Shores was perfect. The layout was inspired by Heather. P's card here. I have used PTI's Enjoy the ride and A little Argyle stamp sets. the pattern paper is Dawn's Dotti Biscotti. The cardstocks and the button are from PTI, Rhinestones from Kaisercraft The thread from my stash. Thanks for the challenge and also stopping by! Love all your comments. Great motivation for me!
There is sketch challenge on the Papertrey Chicks's blog. You can find the link on the left side bar. Come and play with us.

OK, there will a change of format from next post onwards. No ramblings during project shares. Just the project, the list of material used to make the project, name of the challenge, photo of the sketch/brief description of the challenge, inspired by and a note of thanks. Its going to save me heaps of time. There maybe one or two post of ramblings but not project shares on that post. I am trying to organise myself. I am hoping to get a schedule going for myself especially that school holidays are coming very soon.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs

12 comments:

Laurie said...

This color combo is yummy! I love the button and the argyle! Ok, and I love the car too! :) Great card all around!

Tee said...

Love the card..very cute..like the color combo..

And love the new look..background is very pleasing..
though can i make a suggestion..the whole post does not display. I have to click it to read the whole post then, go back and read the next post.
Is there some manipulating you can do for this?

Ted said...

Gayatri, this is a great card. Very eye-catching! :)

Love the new look of the blog. Great color combination.

Interestingly I see your posts fine. I think it has to do with computer resolution.

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is sooo cute, and a great color combo!

Rhonda said...

Very cute Gayatri!

Barbara said...

Fabulous card! Love your paper piecing! Great job!

Diane Jaquay said...

That car is so COOL!!!

Teresa said...

Love your card and the color combo. I think Hawaiian Shores is the new neutral!

Caryl P said...

Such a fun card, I love the bright blue with the browns!

Erica said...

Love all the fun patterns on this card!

Jackie Pedro said...

SOOOO cute! Love the paper pieced car! Wonderful colors!

Susan said...

Oh this is SO cute!! I love your layout and the papers!! Your paper piecing is just awesome!!