Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Jay Gee's Nook Challenge #12


Hi everybody, 
I want to know, after you have had a break of say 4 to 5 days away from home, how do you get back into crafting mode again? Because I am so lost here. There is so many things to do at home and work and kids and puppy and husband...... I am trying to catch up and its never ending. My washing machine is a darling, it did 5 loads yesterday without complaining and 3 loads today as well. I ironed for about 3 hours and only got half done and I am exhausted :(  I decided if I keep going, then I will go crazy. So I did some craft. But to get into the craft mood was so difficult. I wasted a whole A4 white cardstock and 2 hours before I liked what I am doing :(
Anyway, I made a card today for Jay Gee's Nook Challenge #12. 
The inspirational picture is so beautiful.
Here is the photo for you.


Every little picture in the collage is inspiring :) I feel like wanting to make atleast 6 cards but when it came to actually sitting with stamp, paper and inks, I was mojoless. Like I said, after wasting one A4 white cardstock, I made this card.


 I have been itching to use Craft Meows's Life is a carnival stamp set. And when I saw the picture of the giant wheel on the collage photo, I jumped and picked the stamp set to use on the card :) I used the colors from the inspirational photo to create this card. I like the colors and the fun and cheer it brings. I can't wait for the Royal Show in Perth in October :)
  Hope you like it :) Thanks for the challenge. If you like to play along, then here is the link

Oh! did I mention, I won the last challenge at Jay Gee's Nook. My card here was also mentioned at the Embellish Challenge. I am so thrilled. Thanks so much and I am so honoured :)
OK! got to go now, I have been writing this post for past one hour with multiple disturbances. So you all have a great day and I will catch you soon :)

Luv!
Pin It

7 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Gayatri I know exactly how you are feeling. I have just come back from a few days away and still have this week off. Was hoping to do heaps of crafting but nothing is coming to me :( Maybe we are trying to hard.

Love this card, it has such a fun feel to it. Thanks so much for joining us again this month :)

Lindsay said...

Super super fun Gayatri! I love the bright fun colors! Boy, I hear ya about the mojo, it ebbs and flows doesn't it?!

Hussena said...

such a beautiful fun card gayatri loved how you have captured the essence of the inspiration pic,i think u have nailed it:)

Karen said...

oh this is one FUN looking card Gayatri! I really like it. Hope I can play along this week cause I really like the inspiration pic!

Karen
x

Unknown said...

Congrats Gayatri on winning last month, and this months card is awesome, love the stamp and all the colours, very cool! thanks for playing along with us again ... Ange

Joy said...

Gayatri, I know how you feel about the washing and ironing...I was getting no where with mine, and thanks to my beautiful Mum, she took all the ironing home for me so I could get ahead again...but I seem to wash and it grows and grows..sigh!

I think the making of the card was a great thing and I just adore your sweet card...I am sure that the mojo is there because this turned out beautifully...hugs

Karen M said...

Really lovely card, so bright and cheerful! I also hate it when 'work' gets in the way of precious crafting time. . . I cannot settle in my craft room when I know that jobs need doing - the curse of working women, our day is never over :) Hugs, x x