Monday, September 26, 2011

PTI September blog hop


Hello everybody,
Here I am with a few cards for PTI's blog hop this month :)
This month again there is a inspirational photo. This photo is interesting.


Stripes!!! I think Stripes is the trend at the moment :)  There are a few stripes challenges.
Anyway, I pulled out PTI's Distressed Stripes and played with it. Here are a few cards I made using the inspiratioanl photo.


  




I picked the colors and stripes from the photo and used them to make the cards. It was kind of difficult to just focus on stripes and nothingelse I ended making clean and simple cards. I had made them a few days ago and  at that time I was not too thrilled with them. But looking at them now, I like them all :) A few days of holidays and perspective changes lol! Been to a small coastal town called Albany. Was a nice break but 10 hours drive one way is exhausting! Still recovering from it :( Will have a few pictures of the trip in my ext post.

Thanks for stopping by and happy hopping !

Luv!
Pin It

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you've been very busy. I bet you're seeing stripes in your sleep. These are all amazing.

Arlene said...

Great job on this photo inspiration! Sounds like you had a great time on your break...now you need another vacation to recover from this one. :)

Also, congrats on your win over at Jay Gee's Nook.

Karen said...

Gayatri,

Love all the cards you made love all the stripes.
Karen
www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

Linda Suarez said...

Love all your cards! Great job!

Kristii said...

Love, love, love the distressed stripes!!! Fabulous!!!!

Keva said...

Ooh!! These cards are so cool! Love the colors and the vibrance of them all. Really cool.

Kara said...

love these..the last one is my fave!! really beautiful and bright!!

Julia Ryder said...

Gosh, you have been busy, The glitte technique takes time doesn't it?

Jen Adcock said...

Golly you are clever. Did you set an alarm to get up and link these divine cards to the Hop? ;-) I love each take using the Distressed Stripes. Way to pack a punch with the one set. Again, clever, and oh so creative, you! Wonderful.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the glitter and the distressed. Fabulous cards.

Dana said...

Amazing cards!! Great colors!!

Cristina said...

So fab! And such perfect stamping!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love these bright stripes and what fun that you made several of them.

Fiona Harrison said...

Fab cards, esp like the bottom one. My brother used to live in Bunbury and would often go to Albany fishing. It sounds like a long way from where you are. I've been as far north as Carnarvon, and south to Margaret River, but not inland WA.

Joyce said...

Wow--you really got into the challenge. I love all your cards. How clever you are. Is that Distress Stripes? CAS, yet ever so interesting.

Ash said...

The very post gives us an insight to the core you were inspired to by this cheerful photo inspiration..... WOW!!!! Nothing like it!!!!

Ash.. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

I really love these, Gayatri! Your use of distressed stripes for this challenge is just PERFECT!

Anne Tussing said...

I love your cards! The stripes are awesome!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such pretty cards Gayatri. Love the distressed lines! Great takes on the photo. :o)