Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Blending Distress Inks....


I recently found this blog called Lily Pad Cards and I am so glad I did. There are so many challenges, tutorials, guest designer articles and videos. I spent one night until 1.00AM viewing all the videos from the blog. Couldn't stop viewing until my eyelids refused to open lol!
Anyway, I loved all of them but this video by Vicky stood out for me. Two things about the video made me want to try a card of my own. First is blending distress inks. I have been having distress inks for like donkey years and not being using them other than distressing the edges. Secondly, the stamp set from Craft Meows called Life is a Carnival. I love this set but have not used it so much. So I pulled this set out, my distress inks and the sponging tool and made this card.

Enjoy the ride card

I love the pop of colours from blending distress inks. Inspite of distressing, blending inks, the card is still clean and simple. Thats what I wanted to achieve. So happy with the result. Thanks Vicky:)  I will use distress inks more often from now on.
 
Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft and Vintage Cream from Papertrey Ink
Stamp set: Life is a Carnival from Craft Meows
Inks: Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Broken China and Aged Mahogany Distressed Inks and Stazon Black Ink
Accessories: Tim Holtz's sponging tool

Thanks for stopping by! 
If you like to read my previous post for today then click here.


Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous background! Gotta try this!

Joyce said...

This is a beautiful card. I am only just realizing what Distress inks can do, and I have like 10 of them! The most exciting part about your card for me today, is that I HAVE THIS SET, TOO (and have hardly used it). You know what that means, don't you!!