Friday, January 25, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays-Mark your marks

Hello Friday!
How quick days fly by! I felt like I just wrote my CAS-ual Fridays Challenge and it has already been a week! Shocking! But that means new challenge for you from us. That is exciting right?
Here is the new challenge.


Use markers on your CAS project this week:) Get innovative and think outside the box if you are up to an adventure:) Love to see what you do with markers
Here is my card for the challenge.

I have used distress makers on my acrylic block and sprayed Mister Huey's Calico Shine mist on it and stamped directly on a white scrap card stock. Love how the colour spreads and give that shimmer. Much awesome in real. I then stamped the flower from Truth is and sentiment from Calm and Gentle Stamp sets from CAS-ual Fridays using Archival Jet Black ink. I framed this panel using Polaroid die cut from PTI. When I framed it, the sentiment was blocked by the frame. So I die cut the sentiment and glued it on top of the frame. The top part of the flower is inside the Polaroid frame and the sentiment strip is on top of the frame. Yet they look like one piece. Hope you like it.

This week's sponsor is Craft's Companion. 

Visit the Store

The winner gets a Spectrum Noir as the prize. Wow! Lucky you whoever wins it!

Check out CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog for more DT inspirations on this week's theme.

Thanks for stopping by!

Ta!

7 comments:

lostinpaper said...

POW! This totally packs a punch, I adore that background!!

Lynn said...

The background on this is incredible!

Caryn said...

Amazing backgrous - love it!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Tracey McNeely said...

Your background is gorgeous, a very cool design!

mplsbetty said...

Cool technique! I have yet to use my distress markers. I need to get those out and PLAY!! TFS.

Gillian R said...

Fabulous card, love that black frame

Christina said...

What a cool effect from the markers and the crisp black frame! I love how you cut out the sentiment panel to pop up at the bottom.