Sunday, February 3, 2013

Clean and Simple Class #2 Day #5


G'Morning everybody,

I am playing catch up today. Yesterday was busy and could craft. So today I caught up on Day #5 homework.



The homework is to take a stamp and brainstorm three different ways you can use it. Then, create one card using one of the ideas. 

Here is what I did with this Leaf Cluster Hero Arts Stamp

Leaf Clusters picture



I have a sketch book where I roughly draw sketches and write down what I want to do with the stamps, what inks to use and how the sentiment goes. So I brainstormed three different ways of using this Leaf Cluster stamp set.


You can see how I wanted to use distress inks, spray and stamp on white background for vibrant colours on the first sketch. Then went for repeated stamping using green ink on kraft background panel mounted on Kraft base. Then I went for silhouette image on a Huey Misted background for the final sketch. I chose the third idea and made my card here.


I have sprayed Powder Blue Huey Mist on white card stock panel and stamped the Cluster Leaf image using Archival Jet Black Ink. I then stamped the sentiment from Designer Flowers stamp set from AnnaBelle Stamps using Archival Jet Black Ink. I have used green twine from AnnaBelle Stamps to tie a bow and topped the center with a large blue rhinestone. I then rounded the top corners and mounted this panel using foam adhesives. A clean and simple card using one of the brainstormed ideas. Hope you like it.

I really want to do the green repetitive images on Kraft card stock. If I get time, I will definitely try it.

Thanks for stopping by!

I have one more post today in couple of hours. So visit again:)


10 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty Gayatri!! Really like this stamp!

Kim Heggins said...

Another classmate, how fun! Your card is just beautiful, so peaceful. I love all the soft green twine at the bottom of your card with that blue bling, incredible.

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully done, Gayatri! You are so methodical! Way to rock your sketch book!

Sindhu said...

This is very pretty.. So clean and simple!

Taheerah said...

This is so beautiful Gayatri! I love the soft blue from the must and the unexpected pop of green from the twine! Really fun to see your sketches too!

Elena said...

so fun to see your 3 ideas sketched out! I love your card!

lostinpaper said...

Oh, this is so definitely pinned!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your card is just fantastic, I love how you shared your sketches, mine would be too messy. The green twine is fabulous.

Unknown said...

Great insights into your creative process! You are so organized!!

Anonymous said...

Very serene yet the image is quite bold. I agree with Chaitali, you are very organized. Your sketch books looks interesting.