Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cloud9 March Blog Hop!


Hey it is me again today!

Welcome to Cloud9 March Blog Hop! It is 9th of the month and it is time for another bloghop.



Here is this week's inspirational picture for you incase you haven't seen it already!



Love love the watercolour background. Here is my interpretation of the picture.



How I did my watercolour background? I started out by swiping the inkpads directly on to a acrylic sheet. Then spray generously with water using mini mister. This allows the colours to blend with each other. Then I pressed a white piece of cardstock on it. Remove the cardstock and let it dry on its own or use a heat tool.
I am not very good with watercolour strokes. And I try to achieve the watercolour effect using different method.
With the flowers and leaves, I used Maile's Inking with a Twist Technique. Love the reverse effect of the Rock n Roll technique. 
 So much colours going on with the background, the flowers and leaves, that I decided to scale it down by reducing the panel size as well as adding the linen fibre on the back of the flower cluster. Hope you like it.

Check out our new design team's project this month at Cloud9 Blog.

There is an inlinkz submission window located at the bottom of this post so you can submit your project. You have until 10am EST on March 12th to play along. Please view the Rules of Play in the right sidebar for contest details. Your card should have at least one Wplus9 image. :)

  • One lucky random winner will receive a $25 gift card to Wplus9, donated by Dawn Woleslagle, owner of Wplus9 Design Studio LLC.   
  • Our Inspiration Team will also be voting for their top picks from the hop, and the player with the most votes wins a spot as our guest designer for the March 2013 Blog Hop!

Cannot wait to see your projects:)

G'nite from Perth, Australia!


15 comments:

Suzanne said...

This is so awesome, Gayatri. I love all the little details like the purple leaves and the loopy twine. Just awesome!

Taheerah said...

Stunning card Gayatri! So many perfect details - it's a feast for the eyes!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous...I love the water color background.

Tenia Nelson said...

This ROCKS!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is gorgeous! The background looks amazing, beautiful card!

Jana said...

Lovely!

Susie said...

Stunning and so beautiful.

Dianne said...

Gayatri the background is STUNNING I love it, its the perfect for those beautiful flowers thanks for sharing your creativity....

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, Gayatri - i admired Maile's technique when I saw it - I feel really enthused to try it now!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Brilliant! So very pretty!

Wida said...

Ok love this so much I can hardly stand it!!!

lostinpaper said...

Gasp! This is incredible and so pinned Gayatri!

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my I just love your card! Gorgeous my dear!!!
:) Jill

Maureen Merritt said...

I love the background you created!!! It's such a creative take on the inspiration piece.

Jacqueline said...

I LOVE this soooo much!