Friday, March 22, 2013

Guest Designing for Clearly Besotted Stamps.


G' Morning everybody,

Gorgeous Friday today! Yay! Already loving it. weather has cooled down significantly over the past couple of days. Mornings and evenings are much cooler. Welcome Autumn:)

Today, I am sharing with you some cards using the new Clearly Besotted stamp sets. I am so delighted to say that I am Guest Designing for Clearly Besotted Stamps this month. Thank you Stephanie for giving me this opportunity:)

Here is my first card.


I have used  Many Thanks stamp set from Clearly Besotted on this card. I decided to use the star images and layer them by stamping. Did you see the gold stamping? Here is the close up.



I love layered stamping and a CAS card. 

This second card is inspired by the current trend in photography called Bokeh. I have a board on Pinterest called Bokeh Inspirations for you if you like to know what it is all about:)


I sprayed some Mister Huey colours on an acrylic sheet and then diluted it with some water mist. Then I put my scrap piece of cardstock directly over it and let it soar for a few seconds. I then heat set it as I was impatient to let it dry on its own:)  Once the card stock is dry, I die cut the jar and stamped the jar image from Spring Blooms stamp set from Clearly Besotted. Then I worked on getting the Bokeh using the heart shapes from Many Thanks Stamp set also from Clearly Besotted. The pattern papers are from Pink Paislee Secret Crush Collection. The sentiment is from Many Thanks stamp set.

For the next card I decided to play along with tips Debby Hughes gave at the Pattern Play online class.


Debby used bold pattern papers as accents. But what I liked the most is using the pattern paper layered under the negative die cut. What a great idea? I decided to use this idea on my card.


I wanted this sentiment from Many Thanks from Clearly Besotted Stamp Set to be my focal point. But I also wanted to add colour to my card. I picked this bold stripped multi colour pattern paper from the Snippets range from Studio Calico paper pad. And I wanted them layered under the negative of the die cut. The die I have used here is from Papertrey Ink Banner dies. I die cut on my front card panel, stamped the sentiment, layered the pattern paper under the negative of the die cut then mounted the panel on the card front. I also used enamel dots to add more interest. Love love how this card turned out.

I am entering this card into the Moxie Fab World's Card Creations - The Emphasize The Negative Challenge. 

Hope you enjoyed some of my projects today. I would like to thank Stephanie for giving me the opportunity to Guest design for Clearly Besotted. Absolutely love your designs, great customer service and quick delivery. What more do you want?

Have a great day everybody! I am off to do the school run.

Ta!

Pin It

18 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Congratulations on being GD! You rocked this set and all of your cards are amazing. I am particularly drawn to the last one. WOW!!!

Meghan said...

I especially love the clever use of the PTI banner dies in your last card. All of your cards are fabulous!

~amy~ said...

These are all wonderful!!

Taheerah said...

These are all so so awesome!! My absolute favourite is the first one - I am a sucker for all those stars!!

Amy Kolling said...

I was so excited to see your name there as this months guest! You are a fabulous inspiration and these cards show you can do anything!!! X

Unknown said...

Love your bokeh stamping! Your pattern play card is a total stunner! Fabulous projects!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous hunny, absolutely gorgeous, I wish I could make such lovely simple designs like this, as it is so striking!!! just lush xx

Stephanie said...

All three cards are incredible! I love your versatility & the fact that you incorporate so many techniques into your crafting....I could learn a lot! Sincere thanks for guest designing this month, you have been such a huge asset to my small company :) I'll always be grateful xxx

Mary-Anne V said...

Great cards today..love your homework from the patterned paper class.

Tracey said...

WOW!! These are amazing cards!!

Marlou McAlees said...

amazing cards!! great talent :)

jintyoo7 said...

How wonderful...and fabulous cards, Gayatri :)

The Art of Being Kelcified said...

Oh my word! I just found your blog and these cards are amazing! I absolutely love the layered stamping you did with the stars. I really love the idea of putting patterned paper behind negative die cuts. I almost like that better than actually cutting the shape out of the patterned paper. Thanks so much for the great ideas!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards Gayatri. I've just popped on over from Stephanie's blog to see the stunning cards you've made with her stamps.....you've certainly done her proud! Any cance you could put a "follow by email" button on your blog? So much easier not to miss any posts that way.

Karen x

Silli said...

wonderful cards!!!!

donna mikasa said...

Such fabulous cards! LOVE the bokeh jar so much!

Gayatri said...

@Karen B

Karen, Thanks for your lovely comment. As per your request, I have added "follow by email" to my right sidebar.You will be able to subscribe and read my post by email now:)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Gayatri! Thanks for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)