Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Happy Easter Card!

If you are looking for The Craft's Meow Post, CLICK HERE!

Hey Dear Friends!

 I had a new package arrive yesterday. I couldn't  wait to play with them today. The package was from Clearly Besotted Stamps. Beautiful new stamp sets. I decided to use the Spring Blooms Stamp Set and some new pattern papers to make my card.



Using pattern papers have been a struggle for me as my style is clean and simple. So I took the Pattern Play class by Kristina and Jennifer. I watched all the three videos yesterday and got some awesome tips. I decided to use some of the tips to make my card today.

Here are the three pattern papers I decided to use. There is a busy pattern, a monochromatic medium pattern and a solid paper. I picked the busy floral paper first as it caught my eye. The colours of the flowers basically helped me choose the other two papers. These papers are from My Mind's Eye Everday Flair 6 x 6 paper pad.


So here is the card I made using these pattern papers and Spring Blooms stamp set.


I have not owned a jar stamp set  in my collection (shocking!). When I saw the jar in Spring Blooms stamp set from Clearly Besotted, I took to it instantly. I die cut the jar using the solid yellow pattern paper and stamped the jar image. I tied a blue string and added an enamel dot on the bow. I have also die cut the leaves and tulip and stamped. The cardstock I used to die cut the leaves has woodgrain texture and looks beautiful when stamped.

I have used the busy pattern paper to complement the medium gingham pattern paper.And the solid pattern papers to neutralise the bold colours of the gingham and floral pattern papers. I decided to stamp the sentiment on the side for fun.

I love how the card turned out and love love the jar with the tulips. Don't know why I didn't go for the jar earlier. Glad I got this set now:)

Ok, got a busy evening starting with cooking dinner, putting up washings on the clothes line and most importantly cleaning my craft desk.

See you tomorrow!

Ta!


17 comments:

Tee said...

Gorgeous colors!! I am so glad I'm doing this class!! learning sooo much!!

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous Gayatri.

Pam from Maine said...

Very bright and cheery! Love the patterns you chose.

Jodi_E said...

Beautiful.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Gayatri!

Taheerah said...

Perfect combination of patterns and colours Gayatri - your card is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

A lovely bright and cheerful card.

Stephanie said...

Your card is a great example on how you can set a mood with your choices of colors and patterns. So cheerful and comforting!

Cathy P said...

Love the colors and the papers you chose.

Gilu J said...

Love the play with pattern paper:)

Kara said...

gorgeous!

lostinpaper said...

Glad to hear that you have sorted out your 'jarless' problem lol. Your choice of DPs and layout are fabulous Gayatri, LoVe it!

Debby said...

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S! Great take on the days class :)

BeverlyBL said...

I love your card. Colors and patterns are beautiful together. Congratulations on being highlighted today.

stampencamper said...

so much color; great 'eye poppin appeal'

Leni said...

Wonderful Easter card! Love the tulip in the jar!

Lynne said...

Love your card. Love the color combination. Awesome!