Saturday, March 9, 2013

You've Got Mail Class- A purely digital one layer card


G' Morning everybody!

It is Saturday here for me at Perth, Australia! I am used to waking up early for the school run on weekdays and it has become a habit. So even on a Saturday, I couldn't sleep in. With a cup of nice strong Nespresso coffee, I sat down in front of my desktop and worked on photoshop.

I decided to use the digital files from You've Got Mail Class @ Studio Calico to make a card.

Sc_gotmail_400x400


I always had this idea of using the labels that comes with every release and class to make a card front. The colours of the labels are gorgeous and by arranging them randomly, I created a card front. I will explain how I did it all. But first here is card for you.


I started with 5.50 x 4.25 inches card front. This is our regular portrait card front from our letter card stock. I then opened the label png file, selected, dragged and re sized the labels one by one until I was happy with the arrangement. Then I opened the png files of the stamps and chose the images I wanted, re sized, dragged and placed them inside the labels until I was happy with them all.  Once I was happy with all the placement and colours, I flattened the layers. Then I printed them on the card stock. Trimmed, scored and folded.  Purely digital and one layer card. Since the labels are coloured, I decided to keep the elements and sentiment in black. That gives nice contrast against the white background. I love love how my card turned out because this is exactly what I had in my mind. What a cup of strong coffee in the morning can do to you, hey? If this is the result of it, I will gladly drink just coffee instead of eating lol!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend. I am going to vote for my state election.

Ta!


4 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous digie card! Love the delightful colors and composition!

Dianne said...

This is a beautiful creation with all those labels fabulous Dear thanks for sharing..

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous use of the digital labels, Gayatri :)

Meghan said...

Pure genius! Love this!