Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Card Camp #2 Day #2

Quick post sharing a card I made using Shari Caroll's technique at the Summer Card Camp #2


Here is the card.



Shari used stamps and gellatos to make a beautiful water colour background. I don't have either of them. I tried with a clear watercolour stamp image but didn't work out for me. So I brushed Distress Ink pads directly on the cardstock. Then used a water brush to blend the colours a bit. I loved the brush strokes the ink pads gave and so didn't blend and take off the texture it gave.
I only wished I stamped a solid image on it rather than an outline image. Here is a close up the card.


This is a one layer card. Maybe some rhinestones or sequins will complete the card??? I didn't think it needed it but after looking at the photo of the card, I think adding accents will complete the card.

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs!

 photo gayatri_signature_zpsac2827ca.png

4 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

I've seen many designers use watercolor on their cards but this is a pleasant twist to just applying a wash. I think the vibrance and strokes you achieved look really COOL! Thanks for sharing this new approach. Love it!!!

Laurie said...

Very cool look! I love how this turned out!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so COOL, girl!!!

Marisa said...

Fun ribbons of colour!!