Thursday, August 1, 2013

Curtain Call Challenge - Watermelon Wonder!


Hey everybody,

Welcome to the second challenge @ Curtain Call Inspirational Challenge!
Here is the challenge picture for you.


This is my take on the inspirational picture.


I am inspired by the feathers. I diecut feathers using MFT feather dies. I then dabbed some Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade distress ink on the craft sheet, spritz some water and squished the feathers on it. Love the soft colours on the feathers. I let them dry while I worked on my card front. I have used distressed background chicken wire stamp from MFT on the background using Tide Pool Ink. The stamped sentiment is from Hero Arts while the die cut "HI" is from MFT. I then clustered the feathers together using some grey baker's twine and adhered them to the card front.

Here is close up of the card!



Check out Curtain Call Inspirational Challenge Blog for more design team inspirations and linky to link your project using the inspirational challenge.

Hugs!

 photo gayatri_signature_zpsac2827ca.png

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

seriously?!
i.love.this.

Kim S said...

The pop of the brightly colored feathers is perfect with the chicken wire!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!! :)

Marisa said...

Fabulous feathers and such a fun BG!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Gayatri. Love those colorful feathers.

Unknown said...

ah...mazing!!! i love these almost geometric feathers against the loopy script sentiment.

Stacey Schafer said...

totally gorgeous, Gayatri! love the distressed chicken wire background with those pops of beautiful feathers...AMAZING what you do with color!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration Gayatri, I love those coloured feathers.

Christina said...

I just love that distressed chicken wire and your gorgeous feathers!