Thursday, September 4, 2014

CASE Study #207


Hiya, hello and hi dear friends,

After a month of celebrating the 4th anniversary with plenty of  prizes (Yay!) we are back to our routine muse challenge. This month's muse is my all time favourite designer - Debby Hughes! She is full of talent and I adore her designs. I am sure you will all agree with me :) Here is one of her recent card using Altenew Stamps as the muse.



How pretty is this card?  The colouring on the vellum makes the flower look soft and pretty. I love it this flower stamp set from Altenew. I have this set with me so I decided to use this set on my card too. I still wanted to use vellum and colour the flowers but did not want to CASE Debby's card paper for paper, colour for colour, flower for flower.... You know what I mean? I am lots for the right word here lol!
Here is my card inspired by Debby's muse card.

Fabulous as you are flat

I used watercolour paper and white heat embossed the flowers from the Altenew called Persian Motif. I then used Peerless Watercolour and Ranger's Perfect Pearls to colour my flowers and leaves. I love how Peerless watercolour blends. So I have used purple and pink on the flowers and while wet I also added perfect pearls. This gives the shimmer on the petals as you can see below.

Fabulous as you are1

I then stamped the sentiment from Reverse Confetti on a vellum die cut banner using Memento Luxe Lilac pigment ink and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. They are two sentiments which I stamped and heat embossed one below the other because I think it goes really well together. I LOVE this sentiment. 

I then folded the vellum banner a bit on the top and adhered at the back of the watercolour paper using clear tape. I mounted the watercolour paper on the card front. Then Pretty Pink Posh's gorgeous gorgeous sequins Amethyst, Pansy Purple and Pink Peonies sequins. Here is a closeup!

Fabulous as you are closeup


Come and play along with us.

My blog signature

7 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous take on the challenge. You kicked it up a notch and the color is so bold.

Debby Hughes said...

Oh wow Gayatri I love how soft and pretty this is and yet there's depth to the colour too! <3

Unknown said...

What lovely, rich coloring you have done, Gayatri. The sentiment on vellum is the perfect addition. Totally inspiring!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card...like that you added the banner!

jintyoo7 said...

STUNNING!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your rich colour palette!

Kim S said...

I love your vivid colors and the misty look that the vellum gives the sentiment.