Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Christmas Card Set Series - Set #6


Hiya, Hi and Hello dear friends,

I have my Christmas card set #6 in my Christmas Card Series. My weekend was very busy and so I have this set mid week instead of the weekend. But it is better late than never, right?
OK then here is my Merry Christmas card set.

Merry Christmas card set1

I have gone for a colourful, fresh, simple and easy to make card set. I love these adorable images from Tiny Treasures stamp set from Penny Black. They are small, stylish and adorable holiday images. When I saw this set, I got thinking as to how else can I use these images other than on a tag or colour them. So I came up with using them on the card front as a background but colourfully. So here is how these cards came about.

slide

I have used pigment inks to stamp my images because I love the intense colour pigment ink gives as it sits on top of the card stock especially if the background stamping is going to be the star of the show. Dye inks get absorbed into the card stock and thereby the colours are not as bright and intense. I have used Memento Luxe Love Letter ink (beautiful pinkish red) and Mama Elephant's Lemongrass and Fresh Mint pigment inks. I simply stamped the images randomly using these inks on the all the four card fronts.

Slide1

For the sentiment, I have used the Merry Christmas sentiment from Whooo's Wishing stamp set also from Penny Black. I have silver heat embossed the sentiment on red, blue and green card stock coordinating with the stamped images.

Slide 2

I then mounted the sentiment strips on the card front with some silver thread behind the strip. I varied where I placed the sentiment strip on each card to get the similar but not same look of each card in the set. Here are individual photos of the four cards in the set.

Merry Christmas  red card


Merry Christmas blue card1


Merry Christmas card green1


Merry Christmas green

Hope you like this set. Just another way to use tiny outline images other than colouring or on a tag.

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

8 comments:

Francesca Biancon said...

this cards are great!! easy but really cute!!

Fotinia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fotinia said...

Gayatri, thanks for sharing your tips!!! I'm always interested in inks, what to choose and how they will look on a card. The one you advised to me (yellow memento luxe) is great!
I'm your fan ;)
All the best to you!

Kristie Goulet said...

These are great, Gayatri! Such fun colors for Christmas cards. Thanks for sharing!

Salima said...

These are such beautiful simple cards. Love them.. So adorbs!

jintyoo7 said...

Worth the wait, for sure, Gayatri! Love the brightly coloured outline images. Both these sets are adorable (I feel the need to go shopping now - LOL)!

MelissaF said...

Great cards, definitely worth the wait til mid week! Love your use of outline stamps as background and the color combo is awesome, thanks so much for sharing all your creativity!

Jamie said...

These cards are wonderful! I've had my eye on this stamp set for awhile now because, like you said, the images are just adorable! I just love how you used them on this lovely set! I think I may have to get the set now:)