Tuesday, November 4, 2014

In Memory of....


This Runway Inspired Challenge is in memory of designer Oscar de la Renta who recently passed away. He was a very influential designer and his name is huge in the fashion industry. Clever Taheerah came up with this idea to run this challenge in his memory.  Each of the design team picked one  fashion piece from Oscar's collection as their inspiration for the challenge. Here is my inspiration.





My favourite colour is green and I love this dress for the scattered green leaves and flowers on white background. This is my take on Oscar's dress.

Thank you2

I have used the leaves and  flowers from You Are stamp set from Clearly Besotted. I masked a bit of the bottom of the card front then stamped the leaves on the card front using Green Apple ink from Simon Says Stamp. Flowers are white heat embossed and hand cut out. Then flower centre is coloured using yellow copics.

Thank you closeup

I have adhered the flowers using foam adhesives. Stamped the sentiment then stamped again on a scrap piece of white cardstock, cut the Thank you out and foam mounted back on to its place on the card front.

Thank you1

Check out Runway Inspired Challenge Blog for more of Oscar's inspiration and design team's take. 
This is a great tribute to the designer. Come and play along.

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

3 comments:

Marisa said...

FABULOUS interpretation of the insp. photo!

Unknown said...

Oh my this is amazing an such a wonderful tribute thanks for sharing♥

Anonymous said...

Perfect tribute, Gayatri! He would have been so proud of you. Hugs!