Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas Card Series - Set #10

Presenting my final Christmas card set in this Christmas Card Series.
This is my 10th set. I cannot believe I pulled this series off. It was not planned ahead. I was making plenty of Christmas cards and I thought why not do a series and tutorial. Honestly I thought after a few I will be short of time and won't be able to continue. I am proud of my efforts. Next year, I will make  graphics and have a format going. :)

This set has five cards. Here is all of them together.

All together

For this tutorial, I picked the die and stamp set first and worked my way towards the layout. They are from Penny Black. The stamp set is called  Most Wonderful and the die is called Glorious.

most wonderful picture glorious picture

Here is how I made the cards.

PicMonkey Collage

This is the finished card.

Season's greetings triangle bg

I basically wanted some gold & blue/mint colours  with some woodgrain/music elements. So I collected five blue and mint coloured  pattern papers from my stash. I don't even know which collection or brand they are from. Sorry! The woodgrain  paper is from My Mind's Eye. Music and newspaper pattern papers also from various collections.  I love the different patterns on each of the background thereby making each card different. I have also tried to stamp the images from Most Wonderful stamp set either in gold or silver just to add variation. 

Here are the rest of the individual cards in the set. You can see how different they are yet they use similar colours, sentiment, die cut and sequins.

Season's Greeting dot bg1


Season's Greetings striped bg1


Season's Greetings small dots bg1

Diagonal striped bg


Hope you liked this set. I think this set probably is my favourite.

I  also wanted to show you my photography set up. 

Photography settings

I have a basket of props I pick up from discount stores. Some are neutral props and others are themed for various occasions. I also try and use some craft supplies like sequins, inkpads, washi tapes... The book base is my son's laptop. It is a laptop cover. This desk is next to sliding doors in my dining room. So there is plenty of natural light. My camera is on a tripod. I adjust the height of the tripod. For this series I have raised the height to have photos taken slightly above. This is because the gold foil of the die cut was glaring and looked faded in a direct shot instead of nice and golden. Normally I take at the eye level.  I take at high resolution photos  - one portrait, one closeup and one long shot. Then edit them. Shoot me if you have any questions.

Thanks so much for all your support and enthusiasm for this Christmas Card Series.
Thinking of introducing some mini card series next year. Email me if you have any particular theme or occasion in mind at scrapawayg3@gmail.com I will plan and work out the logistic :)

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

14 comments:

Dawn T said...

Stunning set Gayatri. Just love the way you've combined the stamps together on the card.

Michelle said...

Fantastic! Just the right level of detail to explain what you did to create these beautiful cards. :-) I can't wait for next year!

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey girl! These are so beautiful!!

Lisa Elton said...

Absolutely beautiful!

conil said...

I can't decide which is my favorite, but that's true of each of the series you've posted. Love your style & design sense. This has been such a pleasure.

jintyoo7 said...

Oh wow, Gayatri! These are spectacular!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great series and all your wonderful tips! Can't wait for next year Gayatri!

Neha said...

Beautiful cards, Gayatri! Love the gold and mint plus news print. Everything goes really well. I enjoyed your whole series of Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

Joan B said...

beautiful and so different

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful set of cards Gayatri. Love the gold poinsettia die-cut. Great lay-out and papers. (I might have to case this beauty.)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all so pretty! Fabulous set, Gayatri!

Pam Sparks said...

gorgeous cards Gayatri! Your last photo isn't showing though... when I click it, it says page not found. TFS!

Laura Williams said...

these are SUPER cool. I love the patterns and colors with that gold. These are really beautiful!

New Creations said...

Fabulous sets of cards Gayatri! Love the colors with gold Poinsettia and so much dimension in your fab design, Just love them all!