Monday, December 29, 2014

Couple of pink girly birthday cards


Hey everyone,

Hope you enjoyed Christmas with presents, fabulous food and company :)  And are you still having a great holiday season? I am enjoying the holidays with every one at home, relaxed, great food and watching TV. Wish life was like this all the time :)

Today I have couple of birthday cards for you. These ones are very girly and pink lol! I am starting to stock up on my birthday card collection for next year. So these are the first cards :)

I have used Penny Black stamp sets called Cake and Wishes on both my cards.

cake & wishes picture

Here is the first one.

Pink Girly card2

I heat embossed the image on watercolour paper and coloured using Gansai Tambi watercolours. I then trimmed off 1/4" of an inch from the vertical side. I stamped the sentiment also from the stamp set. The pink glitter tape is from American Crafts which I adhered on the card base and the watercolour panel using foam adhesives. I have used a blue baker's twine to tie in the blues on the image with the rest of the card. And added fish tail banner cut glitter tape on the top right. Here is a closeup!

Pink girly card2 closeup!

For the second card, I have used this girl with cupcake image from Cake and Wishes stamp set.

Pink girly card 1

The process is pretty much the same except I have changed the layout of the card and used die cut from Celebrations die set also from Penny Black. Here is the closeup of the coloured image.

Pink girly card1 closeup

I love these super cute images from the Cake and Wishes stamp set. There are two more images on them which I plan to use similarly. Hopefully soon and share with you.

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

6 comments:

Mandy LaCroix said...

These are sooo cute! You did an awesome job with that coloring. I love it - it's different and eye catching!!

Hannelie said...

I LOVE the look!
So cool!

conil said...

These are both adorable. Your coloring is spectacular.

Francesca Biancon said...

this effect is really cute and I love your coloring mood!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Gayatri. Thhese are adorable

Vickie Z said...

Ohhh...so wonderful...so adorable!! In LOVE!!!