Thursday, December 11, 2014

Tis the Season to be Jolly!


Dear friends, 

I am still making Christmas cards as I discover I have missed out couple of friends here and there :) So today I have a non traditional Christmas card. 

Tis the season card

To make this card, I have used a grey cardstock. This is probably from Stampin'  Up! It has been in my stock for a long time. I also trimmed a panel using the same cardstock on which I silver heat embossed this holly image from Penny Black's Festive Floral stamp set. I then coloured the leaves with Crushed Olive and branches with Tea Dye distress markers. Then I brushed the edges of the image with Picket Fence distress marker. I discovered Picket Fence marker :) I love the effect it gave around the image.

Tis the season flat

I used Classic Christmas 4mm red sequins from Pretty Pink Posh as berries. For the sentiment, I simply die cut "Tis the season to be Jolly falalala" from  Penny Black Tis the Season die using silver cardstock. I trimmed the falalala which I adhered inside the card. I sponged some white pigment ink on the edges of this panel. Mounted this panel on the card base using foam adhesives. Here is a closeup!

tis the season closeup

Something different and outside the box yet festive. 
Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

8 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Gayatri. The blackboard look is perfect on this card.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful contrasted colors, great designed card.
Hugs Anja

Jamie said...

This is beautiful! Love it:)

Lisa Elton said...

Amazing Gayatri!!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is just stunning, Gayatri! Love the effect you achieved around the image!

jintyoo7 said...

Wow - terrific card, guitar - love the sequin berries :-0

LauraJane:) said...

Nice effect with the picket fence marker!

Bobby said...

This looks so ethereal and I love the sequins as berries.