Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Curtain Call Challenge - Bouquet!


It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

photo source:  designlovefest.com

We have a new sponsor, Penny Black, for the Curtain Call Inspiration: Bouquet



 A randomly selected participant in the Bouquet challenge will have their choice of a Penny Black gift certificate, while the LEAD will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!

I LOVE the challenge graphics. Beautiful bouquet of flowers. Such vibrant colours. Perfect graphics to use with Penny Black floral stamps.And there are a variety of floral stamps to choose from Penny Black. I love their outline stamps because I can colour them :)

I heart you card1

I have used Penny Black's Fresh stamp set on my card. 

fresh picture

I stamped the flowers with Memento Black Ink and copic coloured them. I picked the colours from the challenge graphics. LOVE the vibrant colours of pinks and purples. I then die cut a rectangle panel out of the coloured floral image to be used as focal point.

I heart you flat closeup

For the background, I did the smooshing technique on regular cardstock. I used Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean distress inks instead of watercolour on a piece of acetate sheet, then sprayed with water and smooshed it on the card front on the top left and bottom right. Love the subtle, layered colour wash effect this technique gives.

I heart you flat

Once the card front is dry, I mounted my flower panel using foam adhesives to give some dimension. Sentiment is from I Heart You stamp set also from Penny Black. I simply stamped it on a strip of white cardstock, trimmed the fish tail banner and adhered it on the card front. Finally, some gorgeous Sparkly Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to bring everything together. I am pretty happy with how my card turned out. Hope you do too :)

As  part of Penny Black Designer Program, I have an extra giveaway for Curtain Call Challenge Fans. All you need to do is to LIKE Penny Black Facebook page and tell them we at Curtain Call Challenge sent youA random winner will receive $25 gift certificate from Penny Black. How cool is that? 

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!

Bouquet Designers

My blog signature

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

ABsolutely perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful Gayatri!! I love the deep rich colors!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing Gayatri! Wish I could be you when I grow up. :)

Dawn T said...

Stunning Gayatri. Just love
Those flowers. You have inspired me to enter

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Dawn T said...

WOW the flowers are just incredible Gayari The colours are so intense.

Dawn T said...

superb card Greta.

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous, Gayatri - the rich hues are lovely :-)

Marisa said...

Adore those dark, rich colours and the fabulous splashes of blue in the BG. Gorgeous card.

Parul said...

Wonderfull is the one word.. that light blue smooshed background is just awesome..