Sunday, August 9, 2015

Special Friends Mean So Much!


Hello everyone!

A quick post sharing a Penny Black card using watercolouring technique. I used Penny Black's Winged Beauty cling stamp set to make my card below.
Here is the Winged Beauty stamp set for you.

winged beauty picture

To make my card, I started with the textured side of Tim Holtz's distress watercolour cardstock. I used distress markers to ink up the rubber stamp because I can colour the branches in brown, the berries in red and the birds in a combination of colours. After I finished colouring the images on the rubber stamp, I sprayed the stamp with water using mini mister before I stamped the image on the watercolour cardstock. I used aquabrush to soften the image to get the watercolour feel to it. Once dry, I watercoloured the background using Salty Ocean distress ink and again left the panel to dry. I came back again with a black fineliner and added some details to the images.  The sentiment from Mimi's Love stamp set also from Penny Black is stamped using Versafine Onyx black ink.

Special Friends mean so much 1

I am pretty pleased with how this card turned out. Hope you like it.
 As always, I have listed all the products, I have used below.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

My blog signature

8 comments:

Dawn T said...

How delightful Gayatri. It's one beautiful card.

Hannelie said...

Wow... this should be framed. So beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh....I love this card. It's beautiful.

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Aah, beautiful! And you're right, special friends ARE wonderful!

Berina RGA said...

beautiful card!! love your coloring!!

Aileen said...

Gayatri, this is such a wonderful card, I so love your style. Beautiful

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the bird!
Thank you for always encouraging me

THANKS AND Best regards
Emily Hsu

Suchi said...

Beautiful watercoloring! So adorable! :)
Suchi xx