Saturday, December 19, 2015

Special Friends!

Welcome back to my blog. Today I have a non Christmas card which I enjoyed making. To be honest with you, I am now over making Christmas cards. I have posted all the cards I made and now done with them this year. Yay! So when I went into my craft room this morning, I wanted to enjoy the process of making something different. Not that I did not enjoy creating any of my cards, It is the feeling doing something different to what I have been making for past couple of months. Hope you know what I mean! :0

So this is my card I am sharing with you today.

Special friends card #2

I wanted to do a lot of sponging inks. I love the effect of sponging and blending colours. On this panel, I blended Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo, Crushed Olive, Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon and Faded Jeans. I went back and forth a few times to get even blending. I then spattered clear water on the panel and mopped them off with a clean towel. One the left side of the panel, I stamped the Gentle Breeze stamp from Penny Black using Soft Olive, Cup o Joe and Forever New Hero Arts inks. This three layered stamping gives depth to the whole scene on the panel.

Special friends closeup#1

I have been hoarding this On Safari die set from Penny Black for a long time. I love them and have been thinking long and hard how to use them creatively. Although I have a few ideas in my mind, I thought the giraffe and elephant on this background would be perfect. So I die cut them out and sponged them with Ripe Persimmon distress ink. I adhered them on to the background panel next to each other like special friends. Thus the sentiment on the card from Mimi's Love stamp set also from Penny Black. I added jute twine with a bow to bring in some texture to the card and also tie in with the kraft card base.

Special friends flat

 I love the inking of the background scene and how everything came together. I enjoyed making this card. Hope you like it. Here are all the three Penny Black products, I used to make my card. They are all available at Penny Black store.

mimi's love picture on safari picture  gentle breeze picture

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Have a lovely weekend!

My blog signature

1 comment:

Melanie R said...

I have recently discovered your blog and love your art! Thank you for sharing your talent. I have enjoyed your Christmas cards - I, too, am ready to move into Valentines and spring cards.

Melanie