Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Taylored Expressions December New Release Sneak Peek Day #2


Welcome to Taylored Expressions December release Day #1


I am excited to share with you a sneak peek of some of the new release products from Taylored Expressions.  I am showcasing a new stamp set called Stitch by Stitch. I LOVE this stamp set. I always wanted a set with cross stitch images. And when I saw this set on Taylored Expressions new release, I was so thrilled. And the set is valentine themed as well. Perfect. In my opinion, this stamp set is a must have. Enough said, here is stamp set for you. 

Stitch by Stitch


What do you think? LOVE it? Told you :) And the best part is there is a complementary die to go with it. It is called Embroidery Hoop. How cool is this die? I LOVE this pair of stamp set and complementary die. Cannot say enough as you already know ;)

Embroidery Hoop


Here are a few cards I made using these beauties. I will be quick and simple explaining these cards. First up is this You're a purrfect friend card.

You're a purfect friend

I stamped the large cross stitch heart randomly on the cardfront using Memento Luxw Rose Bud and Angel Pink pigment ink. Then I layered the background with vellum. I die cut the embroidery hoop using gold foiled cardstock and the inner circle in white. I stamped the cat with Rose Bud ink and the sentiment stamped layered on top of it. I adhered the embroidery hoop using foam adhesives over the vellum layer and embellished with sequins from Hello Happiness sequins. Here is a closeup.

You're a purrfect friend closeup


Second card is a similar card using Stitch by Stitch stamp set and Embroidery Hoop die. This card has no vellum layer and I used kraft cardstock to give the hoop a realistic feel.

Stitch by Stitch card1

On the embroidery hoop I stamped the large cross stitch heart using Angel Pink memento ink and the another sentiment from the stamp set layered over the heart. I die cut a few pieces of the embroidery hoop die, then stacked glued them for added dimension. On the card panel, I sponged Spun Sugar distress ink before adhered the embroidery hoop die cut. The card base is kraft cardstock to tie with the kraft hoop. Embellished with sequins from Taylored Expressions Hello Happiness collection. Here is a closeup.

Stitch by Stitch closeup

The last card uses more images and sentiment from the Stitch by Stitch stamp set. This card does not feature the Embroidery Hoop die.

Stitched with Love card

For this card, I sponged the background with Salty Ocean distress ink, then spattered tiny droplets of Black Soot distress ink. Once dry, I black heat embossed the image and sentiment from Stitch By Stitch stamp set. I also added a pink cross stitch border towards the bottom of the card. I bought in some gold glitter with a tiny edge to the front panel and embellished the image with sequins from Build a Scene: Christmas and Hello Happiness sequins.

Stitched with love closeup

Hope you are inspired by my projects. Like I said before this is one of my favourite stamp set in this release. There are many many more gorgeous new stamp sets, dies and embossing folders released this week. Check out Taylored Expression blog for more inspirations and links to more design team inspirations.
Taylored Expressions is celebrating release week with some fabulous giveways! Please visit Taylored Expressions Blog each sneak peek day this week for details on how you can enter to win.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

My blog signature
Card Supplies:

1 comment:

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is gorgeous, Gayatri! Those cross stitch stamps are my absolute favorites too!
Take care!
Michele